top of page
EVENTS AND IMPORTANT DATES OF EVAWQ AND OUR MEMBERS
- New Year starts.
- 26 Jan: Invasion Day 2022 rallies across Queensland. Find different locations across the state here.
- 22-25 Feb: ANROWS National Research Conference
- 25 Feb: Consultation for Draft National Plan 2022-2032 closes
- 2 Mar: Foundational One-Day DFV Course
- 8 Mar: WHEQ International Women’s Day Event
- 10 Mar: (WorkUp) Pornography, Young People & Sexual Violence
- 15 Mar: World Social Work Day
- 18 Mar: (WHEQ) Primary Prevention Series start
- 29-30 Mar: (WorkUP) Strangulation, Sexual Violence, Separation & Stalking: Beyond the Basics
- 26 Apr: (WorkUp) Dare to Lead™ course starts.
- All Month: Domestic and Family Violence Prevention Month.
- 3-4 May: PreventX- Safe and Equal and Our Watch
- 4 May: (BDVS) National Day to Remember- Candle Lighting Vigil 2022
- 4 May: (Gladstone Women's Health Centre) Domestic Violence Remembrance Day 2022 Ceremony
- 11 May: Queensland Indigenous Family Violence Prevention Forum 2022
- 13-14 May: WOW Cairns
- 15 May: March4Justice Morning Vigil
- 17 May : International Day Against LGBTQI+ Discrimination
- 19 May: Understanding Pathways to Safety 2022
- 25 May: Mount Isa Domestic and Family Violence Services Forum
- 26 May: National Sorry Day.
- 26 May: Open Thinking Conference with Strong Women Talking
- 27 May: Light Up the Night Charity Gala
- 27 May–3rd Jun: National Reconciliation Week.
- 28 May: LGBTQ+ Domestic Violence Awareness Day.
- 29 May: Walk Against Domestic Violence
- 1 Jun: Weaving Workshop with Jody Rallah - Reconciliation Week 2022
- 2 Jun: (WHEQ) Primary Prevention Series Start
- 3 Jun: Mabo Day.
- 3- 10 Jun: (ShantiWorks) Reflective Supervision - Developing and Enhancing your Practices as a Supervisor
- 16-18 Jun: (WorkUp) Dare to Lead™ (Brisbane)
- 4 – 11 Jul: NAIDOC week
- 6 Jul: NAIDOC Yarning Circle (virtual)
- 9 Jul: Brisbane NAIDOC Ball
- 28 Jul: (WHEQ) Foundation DFV Course
- 28 Jul: (ANROWS) Webinar: Technology-facilitated abuse: Extent, nature and responses
- 3 Aug: LGBTQI+ Leadership Summit
- 4 Aug: 2022 Reproductive Rights & Abortion Conference
- 4 Aug: Children by Choice 50th Anniversary Dinner
- 9 Aug: International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples.
- 27 Aug: Wear it Purple Day.
- 31 Aug: Equal Pay Day.
- 6-8 Sep: QCOSS 2022 Conference
- 6 Sep: (Communify) Children Protection Week: Family Fun Day
- 9 Sep: RU Ok? Day
- 12 Sep: Men Choosing Change program: Findings of a long-term evaluation
- 13 Sep: National Victims of Crime Day Afternoon Tea
- 20- 22 Sep: WESNET Technology Safety Summit
- 28 Sep: International Safe Abortion Day
- All Month: Sexual Violence Awareness (SVA) Month
- 13 Oct: Help, Hope, Change SVAM Launch
- 26 Oct: Intersex Awareness Day
- 8 Nov: EVAWQ Annual General Meeting
- 23 Nov: QDN Power of Peers Showcase
- 25 Nov – 10 Dec: 16 Days of Activism
- 30 Nov: Victims’ Commissioner panel event
- 30 Nov- 2 Dec: Stop Domestic Violence Forum
- 25 Nov- 10 Dec: 16 Days of Activism
- 10 Dec: Human Rights Day
- 17 Dec: International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers
bottom of page